Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fear- Short story


I did not sleep at all last night. In my effort to try to get some rest, I was bombarded by thoughts of ruining this new opportunity. I have the chance of a lifetime, so I had to be prepared. As I watched the sun come up, I laid there in bed thinking how I would change the world and open up minds to what I thought was the beginning of something spectacular and great.
I beat my alarm to the punch; it no longer served a purpose. I rolled out of bed and stepped into a cold shower. As the water stimulated my pores and woke up my senses, I became anew. I had yet to use soap, but I was bubbling with excitement of what the new day would bring. I would show them that I was the one. I would be so exact and amazing that they would have no other choice but to choose me.
My suit today would be blue, black would prove to be too dim. I would wear a shirt so white, it would appear to be the sun. The glow of it would match my unique personality and smile. I would definitely win them over.
I reached downtown in ample time. I entered the building and it appeared to be dark and cold. Well, it was dark and cold, the chills on my arm told me so. My palms began to sweat as I walked down the hall that seemed to go on forever. Where was I? Was I in the right place? The directions said second door on the left, so I entered. I saw four people dressed in black with painted on smiles and frowns. They sat around a semi-circled table that was also black with red and white trim. I was confused, but convinced that I would still win them over. My mouth said good morning, but I heard no sound. They sat there still and unmovable. 


As I began to walk towards the table, they seemed to get farther away. I kept my pace, but no matter how many steps I took, I had to take another 4 or 5 to replace the step's that were lost. All of a sudden, one of them spoke. There were words being said, but again I could not hear them. Then there was a motion of what seemed to be uncontrollable laughter that filled the room like a siren. A siren so loud that it pierced my ears until they bleed. Who were these people? What have I walked into? As my confidence diminished and my heart beat increased, I turned to leave, but there were no doors. I ran and ran and ran, going no where fast.
I woke up sweaty and cold, realizing I had missed my interview.

No comments:

UPDATE:

As some of you may know all of my social media accounts have been hacked. If you receive text or calls from my phone or email it not have be...