Thursday, September 20, 2007

Friends...Are you One?

There are people that come and go in our lives. I am a loyal friend, sometimes to a fault. I hang on sometimes when I should let go, I give the benefit of the doubt when I know the obvious just may be true. All and all, I am still a friend.

Being a good friend starts with loving and being good to yourself. Accepting you and not comparing yourself to the lives of other's. There are my friends whom I had forever. I mean we have grown from being crazy shopaholic teenagers to mother's, wive's and even better friends to each other, they are my girls. We have shared so much with each other and know each other so well, no matter how much time goes by when we get together we always pick up where we left off. There is a love and a bond that is unbreakable.

There is one particular friend that I once had that comes to mind. Some people wonder why I stayed friends with her for so long. Have you ever had that friend that compares you to her all the time. An over-achiever because she is so insecure and does not think that highly of herself. She has her other friends and family thinking things about you that are simply not true at all, like you are some charity case. She's the kind of chick that appears to have a perfect life, when her shit is really in shambles. She surrounds herself with people who she thinks are beneath her. Picks people apart because they are either fat or over weight, when she was once fat herself. I am sure you know the kind. That friend that thinks you are jealous of her and says things like, "Get into Berkeley I couldn't even do that,how are you? "I have two kids, you did not even do that". Bitch please!

What she did not know is I was born beautiful, there is not much work needed here. Never mind the fact that I am intelligent and incredibly irresistable. I kept you around for entertainment. Even your dumb ass comments could not break my confidence. My other friend's wanted to give you a good ole' ghetto beat down to bring you back to earth. Ya, know sometimes you have to shake a bitch to get her marbles back in order. I can only hope that you find love of yourself and happiness within.

If I seem a little bitter, I am not. I have definitely moved on. Even though we had some good times, it seems the bulk of the friendship was based on something that really did not exist. Ok, I am back. I went there for a minute.....lol. And I'll end on one of my favorite quotes, "You can change the outside, but it is the inside the sometimes needs the most work". Peace and Love:).

No comments:

UPDATE:

As some of you may know all of my social media accounts have been hacked. If you receive text or calls from my phone or email it not have be...