Wednesday, March 16, 2022

WHM: Frida Kahlo


 
Frida Kahlo

Happy Women's History Month


Magdelena Carmen Frida Kahlo y Calderon was born on July 6, 1907, in Mexico City, Mexico.  She was best known for her self-portraits and artwork that displayed her nationality, nature, tragedy, and death.  Although Ms. Kahlo enjoyed art in school, she wanted to become a doctor, but a tragic accident would derail that dream and lead her to become one of the greatest artists in Latin history.

While bedridden she began painting friends, family, and herself.  "I paint myself because I am alone and I am the subject I know best."  After recovering, life would change drastically again upon the meeting of fellow artist Diego Rivera.   They created a partnership that made them very popular and successful in the art world during their time.

Frida Kahlo holds the auction record for a Latin American piece of art.  In 2001, she was the first Hispanic to be honored on the U.S postage stamp.

Thank you all for listening to me honor some of the women that I admire and who all have something that I take with me.  There are several other women who have made a difference in this world, for instance, Betty Davis, American Rock Star, Hedy Lamarr, Inventor, Cleopatra, Genius Warrior and so many, many more. Whether big or small you matter.  You can do anything, allow your mind to stretch and take you places.

 Peace & Love


Lavidus

No comments:

UPDATE:

As some of you may know all of my social media accounts have been hacked. If you receive text or calls from my phone or email it not have be...