Monday, July 28, 2008

Loyalty

Sometimes I wonder if men are more loyal in their friendships than women. I have many friends on several different levels that I keep in contact with. There are those childhood friends, college buddies and those that you may meet as you become as adult. You may have a few things in common (i.e job, kids, other friends) and you bond.

I have found that my childhood friends have been the most loyal. I did have a male childhood friend whom I thought was my friend, but he had a brain malfunction and thought it was cool to try to exploit me into having sex with him, so you know what happened to him....Anyway.

But it makes me think. The male relationship is somewhat different from the females. From what I have seen, heard and experienced, the male seems to stay around for the long haul. They are more forgiving and forgetful and tend to maintain the relationship through girlfriends, wives, lovers, mothers and whomever crosses the path of these bonded men. Whereas, women can get ticked off by their female friend and depending on the degree of her madness never speak to their girlfriend again.

I know we change and grow and so do friends. But when it comes to the male on male friendship, women just don't compare. For example, a male in a drunken stumper may wake up to his friend fingering him in the ass, or whispering sweet nothings in his ear, and still remain friends in the morning, like nothing happened. Whereas, a female in a drunken stumper may kiss and fondle her best friend and wake up and they never speak again. Where's the love? Is it the people or the gender?

If a girl cheats on her boyfriend with the best friend, the girl has to go, whereas, if a male cheats on his girlfriend with the best friend, then she has to go, and vice-versa. (You wit me?) What is that about? (I know you have seen those Jerry Springer episodes, I am not making this up.) Where is the loyalty to each other women? We are our strongest alliance.

Now I know there are some girlfriends who would drop a dude in a second if he played that friend game, or if some misunderstanding occurred and you disagreed,you still remained friends, but how often does that happen? I remember once I had a best friend and a boyfriend and one accused the other of trying to sleep with one another. I was of course hurt and confused. Who do I trust? It was brought to me by my girlfriend, but my boyfriend wanted to get us all together and discuss the matter (unusual, I know) but my best friend was not having it. She thought that I should just believe her right off and dump the loser and move on. Me being in love, didn't trust either. Mind you, she had took off her shirt the night before, which gave him an idea of what he might be getting if he were to pursue that. (There were other elements in the picture but, why bother) And of course, he tried, I guess. My point is we never were best friends after that. How could I trust either of them. He turned out to be an asshole and basically so did she. Despite both of their short comings, we remained friends, until both relationships kind of fizzled off, But hey, I did my part as a friend.

Is it because women are more emotional, we take things to the heart, in cases where men can deal with them better? I am not sure. Whatever the case, I know that I am a friend until the end. Whether you are homosexual, bi, tri or even transgender, crazy, missing a tooth, or just plain lame, there is nothing but love that flows from this body. I guess that's why I receive so much love in return. Part of being a good friend is acceptance. Accept that you are not perfect and neither are they.(I was not born with this knowledge, I learned it along the way.)

Loyalty- unswerving in allegiance: as a: faithful in allegiance to one's lawful sovereign or government b: faithful to a private person to whom fidelity is due c: faithful to a cause, ideal, custom, institution, or product

Women try being better friends to each other, try loving your sister a little more. Even through your shit, try appreciating something that may be greater than you.

No comments:

UPDATE:

As some of you may know all of my social media accounts have been hacked. If you receive text or calls from my phone or email it not have be...