Friday, July 23, 2010

Blondie's Trip

It was a nice day today, so I decided to visit one of my favorite city's,Berkeley. Well,let me say as a child it was one of my favorite places to be. I grew up there a large part of my adolescence, so there are a lot of memories that were created there.

Upon my arrival we decided to visit he legendary Blondie's Pizza. You know the large pepperoni with cheese and a coke. Now they have several varieties that you can get,but I always go with the traditional. I was very disappointed that the slices were small compared to what they used to be, well at least our slices were. I also found the general attitude in Berkeley to be rude and unfriendly. As we were leaving Blondie's I said excuse me to a lady and she completely ignored me, I mean she literally ignored me, as I sat there with my child in her stroller needing the space to get by. I said again.."Ummm excuse me". She looked at me as if she was irritated and continued to look at the menu, at that moment I felt like taking it to West Oakland and going bad on her little chubby ass, but instead I created enough space just to let her know I will run over your ass and kept it movin'. I know I look very young for my age and that was probably the reason for her disgusting attitude, but honey please!

I went to a Walgreen's which is a store that was not there many years ago and the man that worked there was eagerly saying hello to everyone, but when I reached the counter to pay for my $8 finger nail polish, he did not say a word and this was after I said hello. Then he didn't even care to bag my product. I was pretty ticked off, so much so that I got back in line, addressed him with a "Hello, can you I have a bag please"? He looked shocked and a little embarrassed and probably thought I was a secret shopper or something. It didn't matter I refuse to be treated rudely by people in general, but even more so from people who are not from this country. How is it that you have the nerve to be rude to me and this is not your country? You are a freakin' visitor! More than likely you are here because somewhere down the line, my people made it possible for you to be here, where is your gratitude?

I will not be traveling to Berkeley Telegraph area for awhile. Although I love Berkeley I am going to say that the recession has caused people to lose their mind and today they wanted me to join them. I will continue to visit other small places that I love that provide great service and are happy to see me coming, because if I have to endure the unnecessary rudeness and bullshit attitudes I dealt with today, it may not be healthy for them.

Peace Ya'll

No comments:

UPDATE:

As some of you may know all of my social media accounts have been hacked. If you receive text or calls from my phone or email it not have be...