Monday, September 15, 2008

The Hook-Up!

There is nothing more funny and entertaining than when my married girlfriends try to hook me up. Every guy that I meet they get so excited about him,hoping that he is "the one" and hoping that I will settle into that life of matrimony that sometimes I just tell them to date him. It's quite annoying. Considering that I am more into making "friends" than making husbands, sometimes it's just a lost cause.

Even though I love my girls and they do have good intentions, they do not have any idea as to what I like in a man. I could just tell them, but then only I can get it right. They look at shit that they used to choose their husbands and since half of them are not happy and just going through "the married with children motions", I prefer to make my own choices. Maybe I should share with them again that I am not looking. Or that I am enjoying dating and seeing who I want to see, when I want to see them. There are no expectations, rules to live by and all the other shit that goes into seeing someone on the daily. I prefer just being able to source out a contender for the evening or the weekend and seeing him off with enough love to conquer the world. When you are a beautiful woman, you have choices, when you are beautiful woman with a brain and good "jazzy" you have choices with tons of benefits. I enjoy those benefits. I take full advantage of the fact that men are visual creatures,they want what looks good, and yes, I look delicious. This means I can wear jeans, t-shirt and a baseball cap and still get plenty of action. I never reveal too much of myself, I save all that for the bedroom. Plus, I have a great attitude about life. You will not hear a whole bunch of nagging wifey type shit from me. I have my days and there is someone I might gripe to on occasion, but those days are rare and few in between, I enjoy life.

So, here I am. There were a few options for tonite, but I refused. I wanted to write and relax. There is a new guy, not the most attractive, may be a little needy, we will see. I like them self sufficient and confident, if you need a mother, date her, I am not the one.

To my dear friends who want to see me coupled up, my mother who wants me to get married and have a few babies, to those men who swear that I need them to feel complete, welcome to my world. In my world I rule it, I ask the universe for what I need and move accordingly. I sway to the beat of my own drum and regret nothing. I am thankful for the sun the moon and the star's. The rain that falls and the rainbow that follows. Whatever comes my way, I embrace with the softness of a hug, never rejecting the lessons of life, for my journey is incomplete.

What tried to break me in pieces made me more complete. A bonafide and gracious woman.....can you compete?
?

No comments:

UPDATE:

As some of you may know all of my social media accounts have been hacked. If you receive text or calls from my phone or email it not have be...