Friday, April 18, 2008

Caught Up!!!!

It's interesting how things turn out for the best. How you can make a decision not to do something even though it seems that all the card's re in order, but you listen to that 6th sense, and without reason choose to do something else? I know, I have been there and because of this situation and many more, I have listened to that inner voice, it's when we ignore it, all hell breaks loose!

About a year or more ago, I met a nice guy that lived in my apartment complex. He was very handsome and I even noticed that he had a southern accent. We had seen each other in passing since both of our daughters attended the same school. However, on this particular day, while I was leaving he came up to me and said hello. I thought ok, really nice guy with southern accent. Come to find out, he was from my home state of Mississippi. What a coincidence. We continued to talk and exchange numbers. After talking on the phone for about two weeks, he invited me over to his crib. Ok, remember when I said I thought he lived in the same apartment complex? Well, that is where his "baby mama" lived and he was taking his daughter over to the house. He lived a few blocks down the street. RED LIGHT!

I went over, walked it. The atmosphere was nice, incense burning, my kind of mood. I recalled that he said he was a rapper when I saw all the posters of himself all over the wall. The conversation we had was a little different. He seemed a little nervous and complimented me profusely. He even mentioned the "secret", which I had not heard of at the time and suggested that I watch it or read the book. He said that we were meant for each other, we brought each other in our lives and he would love to taste my lips. (At this point, I am thinking which ones...lol). I declined. After listening to him rant for what seemed like an hour. My cell phone rings and it's one of my favorite boy's, so I tell him I have to go, and thanks for inviting me over. He received a hug and then went in for a kiss, which he again gets declined for. I know these lips are tempting, but not for you tonite. I felt that he was not at all being truthful and there was just something about him that I could not put my finger on. Anyway, I put him on pause for a very long time. He called and called. I even had him pick me up from the airport once, but just never hooked up with him again. A few weeks after our initial meeting I see him with a baby and a woman, which clearly was his girlfriend since this child seemed like it was a newborn. I never really got a good look at her, but it was definitely him, so I thought why a brotha gotta lie?

Anyway, fast forward two years and I am sitting in the nail shop and guess who walks in, the dude and his girlfriend, except this time I get a closer look at her, and it is a girl that I currently work with! Wow!!!. If you have never seen a black man turn white, you should have been there. He was literally sweating bullets. We were chatting it up, talking about the job, and I know he thought that I would buss his ass out, but I am not that kind of woman. I never want to be the one to fuck up what appears to be a happy home. I just shot him a look that could nail him to the cross.

All I can say now is thank God I passed on him, and listened to my inner voice. I could have easily fallen for this man and look what damage it would have done to the both of us. It's never a game when you play with matters of the heart, so don't start!

No comments:

UPDATE:

As some of you may know all of my social media accounts have been hacked. If you receive text or calls from my phone or email it not have be...