Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Brotha's from Another Land

Every since I can remember I've always gotten approached from men from other countries. Mainly, Africa. I have yet to understand the fascination. No matter where I go, that African man will always come up to me. Now please understand I have no complaints about it at all. I am just trying to come up with what it is they are attracted to. Since there are so many misconceptions about Black American women and Africans, I must be something different because I have dispelled them all, because of course I am not your average America woman. Is is because my American beauty transcends to both nations? I was once told by an African from Uganda, that American Black women are the most beautiful women he ever saw.

I must tell you the African that I did date was the first to treat me like a Queen, the first to show me a different side of life. The first to help me embrace my natural beauty. (And that did not mean wearing scarves and growing locs.) The first to help me understand the difference between The Nation of Islam and the "real" Muslims. It was a beautiful exchange of knowledge and love. It was that man from the motherland that helped me to embrace my true worth, and every since then I never looked back or accepted anything less.

So lately I have been approached by a Black Cuban (beautiful), a Nigerian and a man from Ghana. I basically treat them as if I wouold any other man that I am either interested in or not. If you come on too strong, then I head for the hills. There would be too much potential for some stalker action. And believe me you, having a stalker is not cool. This particular one is doing well for himself, he said that he became an American, which I doubt, Africans almost never do that. Maybe he was trying to impress me, whatever the case, we will see. They like to show off their women. I can understand why a man would want to be seen with a beautiful woman, most men do, it's a shot to the ego.

I enjoy dating men from Africa, simply because they are usually very intelligent,and although some are possessive, I haven't run across one that I had any real problems with. I am going to ask him the next time I see him what the attraction is. Right now, there are not that many American men sayiing anything I want to hear, so why not explore other avenues to happiness.

No comments:

UPDATE:

As some of you may know all of my social media accounts have been hacked. If you receive text or calls from my phone or email it not have be...