Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Good Ole' Holiday Season

I would take some time to comment on the Tiger Woods situation, but when a babysitter can gross up to $55 million just for being married, (I mean just for who she married, my bad!) I am pretty much speechless.

Anywho.

The holiday season brings about spending time with friends and loved ones. I have a lot of love one's and a few friends. I am dating and again and having fun when I can. I am not quite ready to live that married life yet, but it is inevitable that it will come and I will go into full wifey mode, but until then, I am just doing me. I am finding that people are sometimes full of surprises and others tend to be quite disappointing. Both are quite entertaining nonetheless. I enjoy people, and even more so enjoy the company of men. I find them fascinating, (well,some of them) and I just enjoy hearing, seeing, feeling what they are about. But as the season comes about, who do I spend the holiday with? Am I ready to invite someone over to meet the Fam? And do I want to meet theirs? I don't know about all that.

I do know that I love the holidays. I love sharing love, the giving and receiving and it is topped off the next month with my birthday celebration, which I might add will bring about another dilemma. I like seeing my nieces and nephews open their gifts from me. My daughter just wants money and a few DS games, my little one, is still getting the most joy from her milk for now.

I am excited about the upcoming year. Although I have been through some major changes in my life, I believe that my best days have yet to come. "Progress through transformation." That's what I am calling 2009. There are some changes that have taken a long time, but those changes have set the pace for the next round of changes, and I am ready, willing and able. I look forward to ending this year and bringing in the new year. I thank God for all his blessings.

So back to my boys. I like them, I enjoy them, but I am not sure who I will be spending my holiday with. Let's see let's weight the odds. Contestant #1, Nice,educated, well-paid, intelligent, but likes to talk about himself all the time. He wants a woman who will just listen. Maybe a little too uptight for my holiday glee. Contestant #2 Tall dark and handsome (like I like them), complete workaholic, does not really celebrate holidays, maybe hard to get together, got his "mind on his money",and I mean all the time. A little too judgemental (probably from his religious upbringing), cool to be around, got nice handles...lol. I am not sure if he will want to do anything more than just sit at home, which is cool too. Who know's maybe a new jack will come into the picture before that holiday gets here. I am not tempted either way right now. I am definitely going to be with my two girls, Imani & Miki, they are bringing me the most joy, they make me laugh. They make me enjoy being their mother. Maybe I will just choose to be with my girls. Moments with your children can never be replaced, and I enjoy them so much.

As the holiday season comes around, just be thankful. Something you should be all year. Celebrate not just with gifts, but will signs of love and affection. Appreciate those in your life. Whether for a moment or a lifetime, everyone serves a purpose.

No comments:

UPDATE:

As some of you may know all of my social media accounts have been hacked. If you receive text or calls from my phone or email it not have be...