Thursday, October 4, 2007

Married Men........Ho Hum (ATL)

The other night I took the chance and we out to have a quick drink with one of my girls. The evening was nice. We were at a joint that was definitely for the grown folks per say and the ambiance was real nice and smooth like a double shot of Hennesy.

After scoping the scene of those coming in and out, we were soon approached by two men. They were average and definitely not my type, but seemed to be the most social. Notice I said, "the most social". I immediately noticed that they were married men. You know how I feel about some married men and instead of flashing and giving them "the business",I went along with what they were offering; ya' know drinks, food and conversation. I also thought this was my chance to ask a few questions of the married men whom I will refer to as Dick and Harry.

After a few drinks, that alcohol induced looseness started to sink in. Harry asked me if he was cute. OMG! My response was a bit of surprise to him because I said what difference does it make, you're married. He said, I didn't think you noticed. Really? You're wearing a wedding ring, pal, who wouldn't notice. He laughed and said so if I was ugly or handsome it would not matter because I am married. I replied, exactly. Why should I be the one to stroke your ego? I went on to ask why did they choose me and my friend to talk to as opposed to the other women that were in the place. Dick gave the lame excuse that the only available seats were by us. Harry gave a more believable and realistic response. He said that he would rather sit and talk with the most beautiful women in the place, and if he were to screw up tonight it would be with a beautiful woman as opposed to the other options that appeared to be available. Thanks for the compliment Harry, but you're still married. They both explained how they were just there to have a good time and Dick even said, "He had nothing to lose".  Nothing to lose, huh? Not even a wife? He explained nothing to lose because he was not doing anything, just having a good time. Yeah, except buying drinks for beautiful women with the hopes of landing one in the sac. How about bringing your wife and buying her drinks? Oh, that may have stopped when you got married, my bad.

I know that I may be hard on married men maybe because they are the kind that come  up to me the most. They are also the most social. I guess in their minds they think if this doesn't work out they can always go home and stick it to their wives, while pretending to stick it to the girl at the bar or in the strip club or the office chick or the waitress.  Yeah, ok, I get it. No harm in the imagination.  Perhaps, there is an innocence in them buying drinks and having a good time, some wives prefer that their husbands get lost from time to time. There is no harm in flirting , right? And besides, with the rate of cheating women rising their wives may have been out "having a good time" too; I can assure you, they had nothing to lose.

No comments:

UPDATE:

As some of you may know all of my social media accounts have been hacked. If you receive text or calls from my phone or email it not have be...