Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ok...soooooo

After a 6 month stint in what seemed like dating prison (3 months to get in and 3 months probation) I have regained my composure, gathered my thoughts and ready to get back into the dating game. Although I almost hate to refer to it as a "game" but that is what it is. You pass, you receive, you pass again, you slam dunk or you miss, then the clock starts all over again. I must admit I have not made some great choices as of late, but hey, I have got to meet some very interesting people along the way and I always believe as an evolving human being we should always be open to connect to other human beings. One of the reason's why people cheat, that desire to connect to something new. Anyway, another day another time. We may not always know a person's purpose in our lives, but I am sure if we thought long and hard we can find a lesson, whether good or bad, there is always a lesson. Once the lesson is presented we either continue on that same path or make some changes. When you do something different, you get different results. I could never date someone from 10 years ago, not only am I different, but if I dumped you then, there is no chance now. I never recycle the pool, not for anything serious anyway.

The first of week of my decision to get back out there, was not so great. I was not a dating fanatic before, but the stuff, I mean the men that are out there now seem a little jaded about the roles they are suppose to play in the life of a woman, well at least in the life of this woman. For example, upon meeting me one asked if I had my drink money, no silly, I don't buy drinks on the regular and if you are not buying drinks, then move along. Another asked, can you give me a kiss on the cheek, no sir, I don't know you, and even though you look like a nice piece of chocolate I refuse to place my lips on a face that I just meet, sorry. These things are simple to me, just plain etiquette per say. I do not have a laundry list of what I expect, although there are certain qualities I am attracted to. I just hope that when he opens his mouth the things that come out of it is as attractive as the package. Like a friend of mine said, "Do not have "high" expectations, just have expectations and the men who do not belong there will get weeded out". Especially when you already know what you do not like. We come already knowing what floats our boats, so that alone eliminates a lot. Even when we marry the "ideal" mate, we always tend to see other's that we are attracted to, don't blame me, it's human nature. Do not trick yourself into believing that this prince charming will be perfect, just perfect for you, if you allow him to be. I believe in love, attraction, lust and all that good stuff, but I also believe in building relationships, getting to know someone because there is no quick fix for a broken heart.

So as I embark upon making new friends and ending old one's, I am looking forward to this journey. I am excited because that is the story of my life, it's never a dull moment.


L, Peace & Love

No comments:

UPDATE:

As some of you may know all of my social media accounts have been hacked. If you receive text or calls from my phone or email it not have be...