Thursday, September 17, 2009

No Regrets (A Poem Story)

My heart has been torn out from the bottom
And there was no way I could stop him

I wanted what he gave and I willingly became his
emotional slave

How could I have been so blind, you got one over this time
Ya see, I am usually on my toe's when it comes to average Joe's, but this
brotha, I bought everything he sold
And I can't even tell you what it was
But when he came it felt like an uncontrollable force
I was instantly attached to a feelin' I never wanted to divorce

He made me sick.
And I loved it.

I craved him and thought of things and moments to come, I was lost and it
all felt so good, at first.

He was just what I liked. A conscious brotha', knowledgeable of everything that
moved the planet, his heritage and culture, his pain, his struggle
I was feelin' him.

A pure intellect, cuz I prefer a mind fuck over a fuck, but who the fuck was he?
A mystery that I wanted more of, an unpredictable human so wonderfully made, but had I been played?

Nah, of course not. Cause as I sit here thinking of moments past, and how that
love bug had knocked me on my ass, I enjoyed every moment like the sunset, and in love and war there are no regrets.

No comments:

UPDATE:

As some of you may know all of my social media accounts have been hacked. If you receive text or calls from my phone or email it not have be...