Sunday, October 5, 2008

1st Friday's.....hhhhmmmmmm

I decided to attend the latest 1st Friday's event. I have not been to a 1st Friday's in over 7 years. I thought that I would attend this one because I like The W hotel. I also thought this would be a good time to find out if there have been any changes to the type of crowd this event may attract.

The last time I went to that type of event was at some park in Oakland,and I was not impressed. I swore it off and have not returned until now. I must say that the ambiance was very nice. There were a few professional looking men and women. I saw too many of the men I usually see when I go out which is not very often,but these 3 or 4 men are always at events. I am wondering are they there to see each other. There were a few men there also who looked as if they were dressed up for the men, considering all the women who were on the dance floor alone. By the end of the night,and I suppose after a few drinks the crowd was more relaxed and their were a lot more dancing. That is one thing I do not understand is when there are women at events the dudes will sit and just watch, sitting in corners chatting with each other,like girls. The scene is quite disappointing to watch.

Despite all the usual nonsense that goes along when insecure men that go out and attracting the most needy girl like a sport, and all that jazz, it was the sexy Latino man that came to me. Now I am not one to date outside my race and nor am I to the point that I would ever consider doing so, for I have an abundance of what I like, this man was something nice to look at. And out of all the men that passed me up that night, the attention was all on us when he asked me to dance, and danced we did. I can fall in love with a good dancer, because I love to dance so much. We lit up the floor for what seemed like hours.

I am not one of those sister's who see a black man with a White, Latino, Asian woman and make judgements, hey I say to each is own. I am usually not attracted to them, but hey, they are free to choose whatever, it does not move me either way, however, I did notice the looks I was given for dancing, flirting, then having a drink with this particular man. Not only from the brother's but the Latina women as well. It was quite interesting and fun to watch how people were summing up the relationship, while watching intently. I am a beautiful black woman no doubt about that and I guess the threat would be that I have this beautiful Latin man in my bed, then between my legs and on my list of to do's. Can you imagine? The sex would probably be insane, combustible and even x-rated! Yes,I tend to go there sometimes. But for tonite we would have it out on the dance floor. He stole a few cheek kisses,and complimented me in a very nice and unforgettable way. I enjoyed myself. We exchanged phone numbers and called it a night.

The night came to an end and I had gotten a great workout on the dance floor. I was still feelin' my drink when we left the joint. We, as in me and my friend I came with....lol. I probably will be going to the next 1st Fridays, because it is the 20 year anniversary. I am glad to say that the crowd was more enjoyable the social aspect of the night was pretty cool. And besides, I came to have a good time and check the scene and that is what happened. I do not go out often, but when I do I plan to have a good time, so no matter if the music sucked or the drinks were bad, I would have had a good time. I am looking forward to the next event and wearing my little black dress.

No comments:

UPDATE:

As some of you may know all of my social media accounts have been hacked. If you receive text or calls from my phone or email it not have be...